April 12, 2013

Watercooler Wear

Source
I just read this great article about dressing for work: how matching the clothing you wear with your work environment helps maintain character and focus. It says, "donning symbolic apparel can alter our thinking style in beneficial ways that are consistent with the meaning that the clothing holds for us. So whatever project you’re currently working on, consider dressing for that role. Think what clothing symbolizes the attributes you need to succeed and wear those threads while you work." Read the full article here.
I work in sales at a magazine and the dress attire is business casual which is great because I don't have to be stuffed in a suit and can get away with colored denim and nice shirts. However, those days when I throw on a blazer really do put me in a more focused mood and I find I'm more productive. Below are some items that, for my position, help get me into that office mindset.
Rosie Two-Button Jacket
Origami dress in wool crepe


 


    1. A tailored blazer always pulls an outfit together, whether it is over a dress or some jeans
    2. A structured dress that hits just above or below the knees is modern and professional
    3. A statement necklace makes a statement (uh duh?)
    4. A crisp oxford shirt is so versatile it can be worn anywhere
    5. Colored skinny jeans (depending on your work environment) are comfy business casual
    6. I always keep a pair of heels under my desk to slip on when I arrive in the office. (I'm wearing these as I type and they are exactly as described: polished perfection. I can't get enough of them)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment