July 7, 2013

Chocolate And Peanut Crunch Bark

 
For Fourth of July, my friend kindly invited me to her house in upper Westchester for a backyard BBQ. I wanted to bring a dessert as a hospitality gift; while I could have run to the bakery to pick up a pie, I wanted to make it personal and create something myself in the kitchen. Since baking something would have taken too long (also, it was just too hot to turn on the oven) I decided to make chocolate and peanut bark for it’s easy quality, delicious taste, and crunchy consistency. This was another 2 ingredient recipe - can you see the pattern I’m creating?

Ingredients: 
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of chopped peanuts

Directions: 
Boil a pot of water on the stove. Pour the 2 cups of chocolate chips into a glass bowl and place on top of the pot with boiling water, stirring the chocolate constantly. After the chocolate has completely melted, throw in 1 cup of chopped peanuts and mix around until coated in chocolate. Spread the mix onto wax paper and place in the freezer for an hour or until complexly frozen (I laid the wax paper on a cutting board so it had something flat to lay on in the freezer.) After frozen, chop the chocolate into imperfect bite-size chunks. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment