August 16, 2013

Anchors Away


Yesterday evening, I went out on a dinner date; he just got back from vacation so this was the first time we saw each other in a little more than a week and it was really nice reconnecting. We met after work and walked over to Sapori, this awesome cozy Italian restaurant in Murray Hill. We both ordered the Paccheri (pasta with basil pesto sauce, shrimp, and potatoes) and it was incredibly delicious; I might even try to recreate it at home. This was probably the first Italian restaurant I've been to in while that I found their pasta to be perfect: al dente, with creamy but not heavy sauce, and perfectly proportioned; we also got a bottle of San Andrea Merlot. We sat on the outside back patio where there was a small garden and water fountain on the wall. After dinner, he gave me a souvenir gift from his trip (he went to the Caribbean) which I'm so smitten with as I love all things themed nautical and the neutral color matches perfectly with practically everything I wear. It's now my new every day accessory!

No comments:

Post a Comment