August 8, 2013

Invest In Love, Life, And People

Source
These past two weeks have been crazy at the 9-5 where I felt like I just couldn't keep up. And yet, today's Thursday is my Friday, all my work got completed, and I'm so ready for the weekend. I was reading this post from one of my favorite blogs, Sincerely Kinsey, and after these crazy few days, I stopped to reflect on her words. She writes, "Life holds no promises. There's not a thing in the world that's worth sacrificing time with those you hold dear. Life has its fair share of various regrets, but I continue to find this one thing to be true: you'll never regret investing in love, life, or people."

I can't help but think how wonderfully lucky I am to have the people I have in my life. None of us are perfect and keeping up with these relationship requires a lot of work, but I believe it is the good kind of work. The kind that I actually want to do. Sometimes it is as complicated as planning a 4 hour road trip for friendships that were made while living in a different country; friends that you haven't seen in two years, but still feel a strong connection to. Usually it is as simple as sending a message to say "Hey there, update me on the details of your life." I believe it is these small actions of just letting someone know that you are thinking of them that are the most important.

To expand on what Kinsey said, you can never regret investing your love and life into people. Even if things don't work out, even when relationships and friendships fail, even when you get hurt and confused. Whether or not you realize it, you have been changed, and you have also changed the other person. Hopefully for the better. We're at a point where life isn't going to slow down; it's only going to get faster. Relationships with people are what anchor us; it allows us to recall all kinds of old memories, and it ties us together. Treasure your relationships and hold dear the people in your life. I find that I have them in mine for a reason; I like to think they keep me in theirs for a reason too. I'm trying my best to give them my love and that's the most that any of us can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment