October 31, 2013

Halloween Cake Roll



The #1 Golden Rule when it comes to baking is to follow the recipe down to each minute measurement perfectly. I like to consider myself a rule breaker, a real rebel in the baking world, if you will. So it should come as no surprise that when the items I bake come out of the oven, they don’t look very appetizing. Edible? Barely. Tasty? Meh, I guess it depends on who you ask. Presentable to give to someone? Not in the least bit. I’m almost embarrassed to put these pictures up. This is probably the only time that the crappy iPhone quality accentuates the picture and makes it look better. Which is really saying something. I won’t even bother putting up the recipe – it was found on the back of the Libby’s pumpkin puree can and it looked like it had the potential to be really frickin good until I got my hands on it. I skipped putting a cream cheese filling in the center and opted for a cinnamon/brown sugar/chopped walnut spread. Mistake. Lesson learned: go with the former, recommended filling (my laziness got the best of me and I skipped buying cream cheese at the store). Anywho, the Halloween sprinkles saved it (sort of) and all is right with the world. Happy Halloween, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment