December 14, 2013

A Season Of Giving

It's easy to get wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. There are gifts to buy loved ones, recipes to make, crafts to create, and movies to watch, songs to listen to, shop windows to gaze in; the list goes on. All this in a short 25 days. Every year around Christmas, my parents donate to a charity of their choice. Once I started working full time last year, I decided to participate in this as well. My charity of choice is St. Jude Children's Research Hospital because I feel strongly about their mission, which you can read here. Whether it's donating or volunteering, $10 or $1,000, around Christmas or in the middle of the summer, once a year or once a month, there is no greater feeling than finding a charity you feel strongly about and and helping their cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment