May 16, 2014

Cupcakes and Cashmere x Club Monaco Launch Party

On Tuesday, I made the walk up from my office to the Club Monaco flagship store on 5th Avenue. The launch party was definitely worth the wait (it started at 6:30 and there was a 15 minute line to get into the store and a 25 minute line to meet Emily,) but hardly worth the price tags. Cupcakes and Cashmere is one of my favorite blogs and the collection seems to be doing very successful (yay!) but I just felt the price didn't match the quality of the pieces and that none of these new items were groundbreaking. The shoes reminded me of the Zara sandals she frequently wears, a standard white button down blouse was almost $200 dollars and the Georgia watercolor dress fit me funny and the pattern wasn't as flattering up close as it looks far away (I couldn't resist another one of my awkward mirror selfies). Emily is as sweet as can be and I loved getting to meet her for the second time. It's a shame that I walked away empty handed, but hopefully there will be a sail and I can snag a piece (I'm looking at you, trench coat).

2 comments:

  1. Wish we could have made it. Definitely waiting for the trench to go on sale as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm checking the site weekly! Hopefully by the end of the summer :)

      Delete