December 29, 2013

New Year's Resolutions


Here's a picture of me cutting down our Christmas tree. In case anyone needed photographic proof.

On another note, let's talk New Year's resolutions. I can proudly say that I carried my 2013 resolutions into August. And then stopped. But hey, 8 months is better than nothing, right? I barely make resolutions and when I do, they never last past a few days, which I'm sure is the same problem with most people. This past year I promised to do one small habit, every day for a month so by the end of 2013 I would have acquired 12 good habits. I hear it takes 30 days to create a good habit and I'm a big believer in baby steps so I thought this would be a great easing-in process. While some months were failures (taking the stairs at work, reading before bed,) I still gained some good habits that I've desperately needed (drinking more water daily, taking weekly vitamin supplements, reading more books in general). For 2014, I'm planning on scaling back even more and picking just one habit that I want to work on: waking up at the time I set my alarm clock. This can be accomplished by 1. getting all my things ready the night before and 2. going to sleep at a decent time (for me that would be no later than 10:30pm). So lets see if this 1 resolution could lead to 3 good habits. Cheers to the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment