April 29, 2013

Weekend Recap


  • Met up with my friend on Friday evening after work for our traditional Grand Central beers. $2.75 for a 24 oz. can of beer.  Cha-ching. We talk, we rant, once I cried. Good times.
  • I’m anxiously awaiting to hear important news that will determine the rest of my life forever (not really, but kind of) which has caused several panic attacks in the span of three days. Usually I’m not this uptight but my god, I just want an answer.
  • Saturday morning and afternoon, I tried cleaning my room. This has been going on for about a year now since I moved home from college. I spent about an hour "organizing" and have gotten nowhere. My stuff is just sprawled out around my house and I’m convinced this is the reason why I can’t get my life together. Unorganized room = unorganized brain = unorganized life. And I can’t stand un-organization.
  • Saturday afternoon/evening/night/early morning was significantly better. My friend came into The Bronx where we ate delicious Bronx pizza (I’m a total snob when it comes to my pizza and I’ll take my neighborhood pizza over anybody else’s) and then got picked up where we went for a bar crawl to benefit autism. A ten dollar donation lead to drink specials the whole night and I found out a few things about myself and life in general:
    • I’m pretty decent at playing pool
    • I get jealous of outfits on four year old girls (she had on a chambray button down, white denim jeans, and her accessories of a cream colored belt, bag, and ballet flats pulled the outfit together flawlessly. I mean, come on. Either she is the most fashionable kid that’s the normal version of Suri Cruise or her mom has some great style. I digress..)
    • Any friend who doesn’t judge you for wanting a McDonald’s grilled onion chedder cheeseburger at 2:00 am is worth keeping. And if you happen to find yourself in a group of people who will order with you, then you are set for life.
  • Sunday morning was a Dunkin Donuts iced coffee and denim jacket wearing kind of day so that was phenom. And in the evening we celebrated my cousin’s birthday by eating steaks, potatoes, and a lot of brie cheese. Mmhmmm…
  • Also, apartment hunting. It’s just the worst.
  • And I sprained my foot. So I’ll be limping around for a few days. Don’t ask me how it happened, because I don’t know. It just happened. I managed to bar crawl on said sprained foot. A standing ovation is not necessary but appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment