June 25, 2013

Guilty Pleasure

I'm not ashamed to admit that all of yesterday I was looking forward to coming home, throwing my sweats on, hunkering down with a big bowl of ice cream and watching The Bachelorette. Which I did. And then I painted my nails Essie's Peach Daiquiri. Is it crappy trash television? Of course. Is there something wrong with 25 guys dating 1 woman? Absolutely. Is it unacceptable that they all cry that she is not spending enough of them and whine and complain about each other and the situation that they put themselves in and make one guy out to be the bad guy when he doesn't seem to do anything wrong? Yes. And yet...I can't get enough of it. Desiree, a favorite of mine from last season's The Bachelor, is annoying yet lovable, and by God, I'll say it until it gets canceled, but I want Chris Harrison's extremely pointless job. We know it's the final rose, Chris. We get how date cards work. And yet, the show wouldn't be anything without him. Not to mention, the amazing Twitter handles and blogs that make fun of the show are just too good to resist.

And so, "Marry Me Mondays" (I coined that myself, my proudest accomplishment to date) is my greatest guilty pleasure. Next week's episode of The Bachelorette looks to be "the most dramatic one of the season" until, of course, the episode after. When you're ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment