July 2, 2013

A Backyard Affair

Well summer is officially here and I feel like I’ve been thrown into July. At the beginning of every month, I always feel that way; that the previous month went by way too fast and the seasons are changing at the blink of an eye. I’ve been making a conscious effort to really enjoy every season as it comes. Spring was meant for exploring, both literally and figuratively, and with summer, I’ll hopefully be able to spend more time outdoors. I’ve been gulping down books and have many more to consume; by the summer’s conclusion, I’ll write a recap list of all the books I’ve read (I'm currently reading Looking For Alaska by John Green)

On Friday, I went out to dinner at Radicchio and got the spinach fettuccine carbonara – a delicious (albeit high calorie) plate of spinach pasta with peas and bacon, mixed in with a creamy carbonara sauce. My eyes are bigger than my stomach, so even though I thought the portion was small when it first arrived, it was sufficiently stuffing. Afterwards, we went to Cello Wine Bar that had a really swanky ambiance. It was tiny; maybe 8 two person tables and a bar, with exposed brick walls and dim lighting. Afterwards, we met up with our friends and went to our favorite dive bar, Irish Exit, where it was so packed and loud. We stayed for a while and then headed to another bar for one more drink and then home (well, I crashed at my brother’s apartment.)

Saturday was a quintessential laid back day; at night, we went to a place that had outdoor seating, grabbed a beer and hung out with a bunch of friends. Sunday, my parents invited my family over for Nicole’s graduation party, and I ate and ate and ate. It was de-licious (all homemade! My mom and aunts are great cooks.) I should have taken inventory of the dishes and posted pictures here, but instead, you’ll have to settle for a glimpse into our decorated backyard porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment