July 30, 2013

Cake Bites


The car ride to Six Flags is a decently long one and I wanted to bring something for us to munch on along the way. When I was baking on my Friday off, I wanted to create something that was bite-sized and tasty so it would be easy to pop in your mouth while cruising in a car, yet didn’t require gulping milk afterwards from being too decadent as we obviously would not have access to any milk. Enter my sister’s Chocolate Yogurt Cake recipe, a delicious and simple treat that takes a small amount of time to whip up and comes out moist* and delicious. I have a mini muffin tin that makes 24 mini cupcakes which was the perfect amount for four people in a car. I baked the leftover cake batter in a glass loaf pan and let my family enjoy it with their Saturday morning coffee.

Ingredients:
3 oz. chocolate
2 cup flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 ½ cup of sugar
½ cup of oil
1 cup of vanilla yogurt
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla
¼ cup of hot water

Directions:
Melt chocolate and let cool. In a bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt twice. Add sugar, oil and yogurt. Blend well. Stir in melted chocolate. Beat in eggs, vanilla, and hot water.Pour batter into muffin tins and/or glass bake-ware. Place in the oven at 350 degrees and let bake for 30 minutes. To test, poke the middle of the cake with a toothpick; if it comes out clean, it is ready. Let cool and then serve.

*Isn’t moist the worst word ever??

No comments:

Post a Comment