October 16, 2013

8 Things Every Happy Women Should Have

Source
Based off of this article, Emily, a favorite blogger of mine, listed 8 things that make her a happy woman. I echo her sentiments when she says that at first, the the below statements seem  "like the questions trivialize what it means to be happy, overlooking larger concepts in favor of one's favorite cocktail. But it's more about knowing yourself; what you like, what you want." So here are my answers of the 8 things that I should have as a happy woman.
  1. A Go-To Drink: Jack Daniels and ginger ale
  2. A Go-To Karaoke Song: Still figuring this one out, but I'd like to think 90's pop is the first genre I would turn to.Although let's be real here, no one needs to hear me sing
  3. A Uniform: This, of course, changes with the seasons, but for Fall, I would say - black denim jeans, riding boots, basic t-shirt, and my favorite green trench coat
  4. A Hair Stylist They Love: Don't have one. Yet. Homie is broke
  5. An Exercise Routine: Yoga 1x/week, Spin 3x/week
  6. A Hobby: Reading. And blogging! I'm hoping by blogging, I'll begin to develop other fun hobbies like more baking, and much, much more photographing. I also really miss ballroom dancing, which used to be my #1 hobby.  Is listening to music a hobby? Because that would be numero three
  7. A Best Friend: A few dear ones from before college and during college
  8. A Healthy Sense Of Self: This will always be a work in progress, but I feel like I began understanding myself at 18 and have learned a little bit more and more throughout the years. Personally, I think a sense of humor is the be-all, end-all of having confidence and self worth. A sense of humor allows you to be self-deprecating which should balance out healthy high levels of confidence (there's a fine line between confidence and cockiness, so I personally think laughing at yourself helps keep the confidence in line). It also helps you become resilient, as when you can find the humor in a bad situation, you can learn from mistakes, grow, and move on. Finally, I believe a sense of humor helps build relationships and connections with other people because who doesn't like bonding over laughter?

No comments:

Post a Comment