December 31, 2013

So Long, 2013

It's crazy to think how many things can change in a year yet how so many things have stayed the same. I feel like people either love or hate New Years. I really don't mind it as I like any occasion to celebrate, whether with a whole lot of friends or by myself with my dog. While I think people should make itty bitty changes throughout the year rather than waiting for this one marked day, I like the idea of New Years being a symbolic clean slate. 

Being in my early twenties/struggling with life transition after graduation, I've become obsessed with all things time related. Did I do [fill in whatever] in the appropriate time frame? If I didn't, can I do it later? Will I look like one of those desperate older women trying to recapture my youth? Am I a young individual with an old soul? If I don't make it happen now, will it ever get done? It's exhausting to be constantly consumed by counting the hours and being dominated by the clock. Ironic, because I'm always late. All that to say that I want to measure time of blocked formats with a grain of salt (no pun intended!) I want to stop worrying about not completing something when I'm 23. If I can't get it done, I'll do it when I'm 24. I still like the idea of looking back and reminiscing on the past year, evaluating mistakes and successes and trying to make these experiences a way to better myself. I simply want to stop creating limits within a certain time frame. Goals should be made, but if they're not met when you want them to be, just extend the deadline. I want to become more conscientious when I complain about myself (or others) doing or not doing something so young/old. I want to become more supportive of myself and others.

I'm leaving for Ireland tomorrow and I simply could not be more excited. I want 2014 to be the year of traveling, the year of new opportunities, the year of letting go and finally moving on, the year of embracing things for what they are, the year of met and unmet goals, and the year of going after want I want. And if I don't get it in 2014, well, there's always 2015 and beyond.

Bring it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Sara Salgado. This is my new blog about fashion and personal style, please visit, and if you like follow: amuurblog.blogspot.pt
    Beso! :)

    amuurblog.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!

    xo,
    Jamie

    http://inspirationlush.com/

    ReplyDelete