January 9, 2014

Dublin, Day 1: The Bank On College Green

For dinner the first night of our stay, we went to a restaurant that was recommended by a friend. The Bank On College Green is a restaurant converted from, you guessed, it a bank. It was a beautiful place, the Christmas decorations were still all up and lit, the menu price for dinner wasn't too expensive (in Euros, I tried not to think about the dollar amount,) and the food was delicious. I ordered the lamb stew and was wonderfully surprised at the presentation when it was placed in front of me. The bone was sticking out of the pot for goodness sake. It was delicious, though the amount of lamb that was given was a bit overwhelming; regardless I enjoyed it! Because it's so well known and located in a high traffic spot, it seems like a mostly touristy place. However, because we visited during the off season (I'm going to be saying this a lot), it was filled with locals and friendly people. Definitely a spot I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment