February 3, 2014

Dark Prep


I made it a personal goal to challenge myself this February with an outfit post every day, to inspire some sartorial creativity in the mornings and also to put some meaning behind “fashion” in my Fashionably Late title. I love clothes, I love dressing up, and I love looking at other bloggers look books and street styles, but I just find it challenging to translate it to my own wardrobe (I’m always in neutrals and black and white). I also prefer the extra twenty minutes of sleep in the morning, but I’m trying to stick to my New Year’s resolution of  waking up to my alarm (so far, not good). Anyways, this is what I’m wearing today, on my first day of my personal blog challenge. Please forgive the fact that my face is cut off - I'm not shy, I just don't like having a phone plastered in front of my face. So instead, you'll just see awkward arm angles that are obviously holding a phone.

I bought these skinnies on impulse and they were one of my best purchased items in a long time. They fit like a glove, are super comfortable, super inexpensive, bunch in the perfect way around the ankle, and make me feel fabulous. I’ve had this flannel shirt for a long time and never thought to put a sweater over it to create a preppy look. Fun fact, I bought this sweater when I was studying abroad in Italy and though I never really find use to wear it, couldn’t bear to part with it. And now, voila. The owl necklace is the star of the show, which I bought for like, two bucks at the San Genaro festival two autumns ago. And the heels pull everything together. Let’s see what Tuesday’s outfit brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment