April 27, 2016

Bella Fortuna and Carissima by Rosanna Chiofalo


Reading: Bella Fortuna and Carissima by Rosanna Chiofalo
Burning: Venice Peach Bellini from Bath and Body Works

I was in my local library the other day and wanted to find some books to read with plots based in European cities that my family and I will be traveling to next month. These two titles caught my eye and while we won't be heading to Venice or Rome, we are going to spend a significant amount of time in Northern Italy and it seemed like an easy enough read. Guys. I could barely get through the first five chapters of the first book before I returned it to the library. Not only was it so poorly written, but it blatantly reinforced Italian American stereotypes among others cultures. How in the world did it get 4 out of 5 stars on Amazon? Hard pass for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment