May 26, 2013

Weekend Recap: Memorial Day Weekend

Oh, long weekends. How I love thee. Memorial Day Weekend was a good one; although I wasn't laying on any beaches in the Hampton's and it was really really windy and chilly, three long days to hang around, do nothing, and dust off the trusty Nikon was all I needed. Lets recap, shall we?
  • I'll start off with Thursday because although I had to go in to work on Friday, it was very quiet. I went to Alex's apartment because we can't go more than a few days without seeing each other and we hung out, drank a glass of wine, and chit-chatted over the delicious (and cheap!) Jimbo's delivery.
  • Friday was very quiet - I had work to do but almost nobody was in the office and I got to leave at 4pm. Because I was meeting up with friends, I tucked away into The Roosevelt Hotel lobby and finished reading "Girls in White Dresses." I'll do a book review post because I just know your dying to hear my opinions on it. I met with a few friends and we walked through the windy drizzly weather to eat dinner at Meson Sevilla, a tapas restaurant that was very overpriced with decent cuisine. But I'm also a foodie snob, so take that with a grain of salt. We joined everyone else at Bourbon Street Bar and Grille where the atmosphere was reminiscent of New Orleans and they had $5 hurricane drinks. Yes please.
  • Saturday I went to Brooklyn Heights with my two friends to visit our third friend who has an apartment. She is right by the Brooklyn Bridge and lives in the cutest neighborhood. We ate, we explored, we took A LOT of pictures. Posts coming up..
  • Sunday and Monday, I did a lot of nothing. I started reading "Gone Girl," played outside with Casey because the weather was so nice, ate a lot of food, and cleaned my room. I'm thinking of doing a post on the room cleaning process, but I can basically sum it up for you right here: shook my head, cried, screamed, laughed, cried, went into the fetal position, cried, picked up the clothing rack that has been on the floor for a week, threw myself on my bed, danced around listening to my iPod, slipped on a rain boot, cried, cried, laughed manically, cried some more and sorted my underwear drawer. In short, I got nowhere.
  • Is it Friday yet?

Photos c/o my friend Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment