June 5, 2013

Life Lately

Source


There’s no point to this post (honestly, there’s really no point to this blog either) but here are some random updates and musings.

  • You all saw what I’ll be reading for these next few days. I’m already half way through One Day. Let’s see if I actually crack open Sense and Sensibility.
  • I had lunch with my cousin yesterday and it was so nice to regroup and talk about life. Knowing someone feels the exact same way that you do is a comfort stronger than coffee.
  • Tonight I’m going to a free televised taping of standup comedians. I was planning on going to sleep early tonight, but that’s not going to happen. (See next bullet)
  • Tomorrow I’ll be participating in my corporation's Rebuilding Together where a big group of colleagues will be going to Gerritsen Beach in Brooklyn to volunteer cleaning up after Hurricane Sandy’s destruction. I’m on “Team Garden” with a few fellow assistants and together we are going to work on their library, specifically the two gardens. We are encouraged to social media it with a hashtag so if you follow me on Twitter or Instagram…prepare yourself.
  • Next week is my birthday week (yeah, I’m giving myself a week. You gun' argue with me?) So many fun things planned.
  • How have I never realize how awesome Patrick Stewart is? I'm late watching this video as it's been all over my news feeds, but it's worth repeating. I’m standing up in my cubicle clapping for you right now P.Stew (no I’m not, silly, I would get fired!)
BRB. I’m embracing my inner child and gathering my siblings and cousins. I’m going to build a fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment