November 6, 2013

A Few Links

Source
I just put in my request for my vacation days and hello long weekends and Winter Fridays! There is so much activity coming up these next few weeks and I can't wait to get started on all of them. In the meantime, below are some articles I found interesting.

  1. Why Developing Serious Relationships in Your 20s Matters. "Your time is finite. You can’t figure out your professional life now and your personal life later"
  2. This awesome blog showcases older women's street style. Many of these documented women are eccentrically dressed but there are a few true gems in there. Though I prefer a more refined taste, who says you have to be young to experiment with style? These women are keeping things fresh and dreamy.
  3. Glamorous Women Who Do Their Own Makeup. Maybe I can learn a thing or two from them.
  4. 10 Essential Food Rules For Americans in Italy. Not that I mean to be a snob with the whole "I studied abroad in Florence for 5 months so I know more about Italy than anyone ever" but I did grow up with an immigrant mother and extended family and many of these facts are true. The whole Italian/Italian American cuisine point in number one proves particularly true. And since this is the beginning of an unnecessary rant, I get so annoyed when American's pronounce the name of certain foods wrong. I get it, there's a dialect difference between North and South Italy, but mozzarella has a "la" at the end of it for a reason. Hence, speak out the whole word. Same thing goes for manicotti and  prosciutto. Stop being lazy. Pronounce it fully. Rant over.
  5. Vintage book cover. A good giggle for when life gets you down. 
  6. Marriage Isn't For You. This article has been all over my Facebook feed, but it's worthy of a read. In a society where 1 in 2 people get divorced and marriages that are highlighted last a mere 72 days, this article is completely refreshing and worth an analyzed read.
  7. An article on Kate Middleton stylish friend and a slideshow detailing all of Kate's looks the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment